the flow of one girl's creative journey

I am free to create, so it shall be.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Stark White Light

I am more than a little bit addicted to blog stalking.  I have 2 google reader accounts AND a blog lovin to manage all the blogs I insist on brain buzzing daily.  Today, Isabelle Gloria posted yet another doozie, an artist with the garish, stark, minimalist type of style I always gravitate toward.  I've never seen anything quite like it, however, and I love that.  A bit morbid, but also very scientific and causes me to pause and think about how each piece effects how the artist views humanity, mortality...

Without further ado, Kate MacDowell.








And here are some other images I have yoinked from blogs recently that also apply to this stark appeal...















no links to blogs tonight...I have a huge family gathering to cook for and Im going to hate myself if I can't get it done before midnight!!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Your taste is impeccable. The two last photos are my favorites; they remind me of the magical trees in "The Twelve Dancing Princesses" and of a magical snow angel yeti. =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have the most wonderful taste. I love pouring over those interiors magazines with start white interiors but in reality I'm too much of a magpie to live with such sleek good taste.
    Hope dinner went well. x

    ReplyDelete