the flow of one girl's creative journey

I am free to create, so it shall be.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Year's Eve 2010


So my tent dress for New Years Eve was begging me for a matching smokey eye. I used Smashbox cream liner, Mary Kay mineral eye shadow, and Mary Kay Mascara.
For my face, in winter I always have an excruciating time with foundation. They do not make a shade called "living dead girl"....ah, but my savior...GOTH WHITE by Manic Panic. I use a fine coat of this under my Mary Kay Medium Coverage foundation in Ivory 100. The Goth White will clog your pores, so it's not to be slept in. The MK over top keeps it looking soft and air brushed. I finish with Smash Box Halo powder in Fair. For oil control in my T-Zone throughout the day I will also sometimes use Pur Minerals Porcelain Mineral Foundation. It matches my skin tone much better than Bare Minerals Fair.
I used Mary Kay lipstick in Shell on my lips to keep it semi nude with out loosing the shape of my mouth. I also used Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color in Sparkling Cider.



No comments:

Post a Comment